Please note that rentals between June 13th and August 29th are by the week only.
Stinson Beach Drought Alert/Water Rationing: Stinson Beach has been declared in a drought. Starting May 1st, every property will be limited to 125 gallons of water usage per day regardless of the number of occupants. Please consider this situation when making your vacation plans. If you have any questions please give our office a call, and/or you can visit the Stinson Beach County Water District web site (stinson-beach-cwd.dst.ca.us).
Please review our Policies and Procedures prior to booking a rental. You will find answers to frequently asked questions as well as other important information.
Note the following:
- AFTER HOURS KEY PICK UP: It is essential you call during business hours for instruction on key pick up.
- MINIMUM STAY: From June through Labor Day and on all holidays there is a one-week minimum. After Labor Day through May (except for holidays), there is a two night minimum.
- All rentals are completely furnished. Bed linens & bath towels are provided- please bring your own beach towels, chairs, umbrellas.
- RATES: Our agents will confirm the rate at the time of booking - rates are subject to change.
- Total charges will include: 1) a cleaning fee, 2) a booking fee, 3) the rental charges, and 4) a 10% tax on the rental charges.
- PAYMENT METHODS: cash, check, Visa, and MasterCard.
- PETS: The detailed listing for each home will identify whether pets are allowed.
- LARGE GROUPS OR PARTIES: Our homes are all privately owned and are on septic systems. Large groups are not encouraged due to the limitations of the septic systems and the adverse impact on the home and the neighbors.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm November 1st to March 31st, and 9:00am to 5:00pm April 1st to October 31st; Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 4:00pm all year.
Check In/Check Out: Check-in 4:00 PM. Check-out 10:00 AM During Summer and Holiday Season, 1:00 PM During Non-Summer and Non-Holiday Season, providing a guest is not checking in the day you depart. Requests for early check-in and/or late check-out will be accommodated when possible.
Minimum Stay: From June through Labor Day and on all holidays there is a one-week minimum. After Labor Day through May (except for holidays), there is a two night minimum.
Arrivals and Key Pick Up: You will come to the office to pick up your keys, at 3605 Shoreline Hwy. If you will arrive after business hours you must call the office during business hours for instructions on key pick up.
Linens, Soaps, Toiletries, Firewood: Highway One Properties provides an INITIAL SUPPLY of bath soap, toilet tissue, dishwashing soap, dishwasher soap, and paper towels. Additional supplies are the responsibility of the renter. We also provide bed linens and bath towels (not beach towels) for each rental. Kindling is NOT provided; we suggest you bring duraflame fire starters or kindling.
Keys/Gate Cards: The rental packet will contain a key to the property. If the home is located in Seadrift, the rental packet will also contain a gate card and, if requested, a key to the tennis-court. Additional keys and gate cards may be provided upon request. All keys and gate cards must be returned to the Highway One Properties office on the day of check-out.
Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, Visa, and MasterCard.
Rental Payment: 25% of the total rental payment is due upon booking, with the balance due 60 days prior to arrival. If the final payment has NOT been received by our office on the due date, your credit card will be charged. The rental payment consists of the rent, a 10% county tax on the rent, the cleaning fee, and a $35 processing fee. For rentals booked within 60 days of arrival, the total rent is due upon booking.
Damage to the Property: Highway One Properties does a walk-through to assess the condition of the property before and after each rental. Upon your arrival, if you find anything broken or out of the ordinary, please call our office to report it; otherwise you may be deemed responsible. As renters, you must assume responsibility for any damage that occurs at the property during your stay. Frequent examples are: stained carpets/furniture/walls, moving furniture and not putting it back, excessive garbage or garbage/recycle put into the wrong collection bins, umbrellas left open in the wind causing damage, unwashed dishes/pots/pans.
A credit card must be used for payments and security deposit guarantee. You authorize Highway One Properties to bill your credit card for payments indicated, for any damages or extra cleaning. Invoices will be provided to you for all expenditures.
Smoking: All of our rentals are nonsmoking homes. If you choose to smoke outside, we ask that you please keep the area clean.
Pets: Some of our rentals allow renters to bring pets. If you are bringing any pets, you must tell the agent at the time of booking. If a property does allow pets, only two pets are allowed on the property at any time and there is an additional pet fee for each pet of $40/two-night stay, $100/week stay for each week. Dogs are not to be left alone on the property as they may bark and bother the neighbors. Any serious complaint by a neighbor regarding noise or a lack of picking up after pets may result in a $500 fine payable from the security deposit guarantee and/or you being required to vacate the property forfeiting the rental amount and cleaning fee.
Large Groups: Our homes are all privately owned and are on septic systems. Large groups are not allowed due to the limitations of the septic systems and the adverse impact on the home and the neighbors. The detailed listing for each home on the Vacation Rental Page gives the number of people that can sleep at a house, and you are normally limited to a maximum of double this number for day use. Some exceptions may apply. Please inquire. Please note that failure to comply with this rule may result in a $500 fine payable from the security deposit guarantee and/or you being required to vacate the property forfeiting the rental amount and cleaning fee.
Cancellation Policy: All rental cancellations must be in writing and may be delivered in person, by mail, by email, or by fax to Highway One Properties. Refunds will occur as follows:
- Written cancellation received at Highway One Properties office 60 days or more before your Arrival Date: Highway One Properties will refund all monies paid less the $35.00 booking fee and a $75.00 Cancellation Fee.
- Written cancellation received at Highway One Properties office 59 days or less before your Arrival Date: The rent and tax will be held by Highway One Properties on behalf of the property owner. Any amounts that we are able to recover as a result of re-renting the property during your contractual rental period will be refunded to you, along with your cleaning fee except for the $35.00 booking fee and a $75.00 Cancellation Fee.